Sharon Sheppard, M.Ed., C.D.T., W.D.T.
Sharon values people and treats clients with integrity. Sharon offers a safe, structured, and hopeful atmosphere for her students. Multi-sensory techniques and positive reinforcement put learners at ease and builds their confidence. Lessons take place in a comfortable, “cottage-like” atmosphere.
For over 20 years Sharon Sheppard, M.Ed. has enjoyed educating children by providing individualized instruction and academic support. She has experience serving students who attend public and private schools, as well as those receiving home-education. She believes in a team-work approach.
Sharon has been a life-long learner. In addition to earning her Master of Education degree (Literacy: Curriculum and Instruction) from Ashland University, she has become an accomplished Dyslexia Therapist, credentialed by both The Center for Effective Reading Instruction/ International Dyslexia Association, as well as, Wilson Language Training®. In 2015, Handwriting Without Tears® certified Sharon as a Handwriting Specialist. Sharon maintains a State of Ohio teaching license and reading endorsement, and has a current FBI check on file.
She is a member of the International Dyslexia Association and Christian Home Educators of Ohio. She is an approved instructor with Learning Ally and an approved test administrator with Bob Jones University Press. She was awarded the 2010 Excellence in Teaching award by the Rotary Club of Delaware, Ohio.
- Structured Literacy Dyslexia Specialist (C.E.R.I./International Dyslexia Association 
- Wilson® Dyslexia Therapist (Wilson Language Training) Certificate of Recognition 
- Handwriting Specialist (Handwriting Without Tears) — Level 1 Certification 
- Level 2 Certified Wilson® Reading Teacher (Wilson Language Training®) 
- Level 1 Certified Wilson® Reading Teacher (Wilson Language Training® ) 
- M.Ed. Literacy:Curriculum & Instruction (Ashland University) 
Additionally, she has been trained in the Get Set For School® Pre-K program. All of these credentials, qualify Sharon to teach, tutor, and assess children and adults who are seeking educational support.
Please note: Sharon does not have the qualifications to diagnose any learning or health related disabilities.
Sharon Sheppard, M.Ed. has served students & their families in grades K-12+ from the following school districts & organizations in Ohio:
- Beacon Center for Counseling & Learning – Dublin, OH
- Marysville Exempted Village Schools
- Fairbanks Local Schools
- North Union Local Schools
- Delaware City Schools
- Delaware County Board of Developmental Disabilities
- Union County Board of Developmental Disabilities
- Jonathan Alder Local Schools
- St. John’s Lutheran School
- Buckeye Valley Local Schools
- Upper Arlington City Schools
- Marburn Academy
- Columbus City Schools
- Big Walnut Schools
- Dublin City Schools
- Worthington City Schools
- Olentangy Local Schools
- Hilliard City Schools
- Columbus State Community College
- Delaware Christian School
- Madison Christian School
- Bloom Carroll Schools
- Pickerington Local Schools
- Reynoldsburg City Schools
Sharon has also…
- Taught students in Grades K-12+ (typical & special need students)
- Provided intervention for students who required multi-sensory instruction
- Worked with teams of school psychologists, therapists, administrators, teachers, and parents to identify and provide intervention for those who needed accommodations
- Advocated for typical and special needs students
- Created and implemented IEP, Services, and 504 Plans and monitored student progress
- Directed & educated staff members on various learning disabilities and ways to accommodate instruction to meet the needs of learners
- Administered assessments and standardized testing for typical and special needs students
- Created and implemented student schedules and all necessary testing accommodations
- Supervised Intervention Department staff members
- Designed curriculum
- Facilitated parenting seminars
What Are Others Saying About Sharon?
Sharon is well-respected in the education community and much-loved by parents and students alike. You can read more about what others have to say about Sharon here.
WILSON® and Wilson Reading System (WRS)® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Train Corp.
Handwriting Without Tears® is a federally registered trademark of Handwriting Without Tears