All of the following services are available year-round and by appointment only.
A consultation is an informal conference with the parent/guardian and, often, the student. This is a time for honest conversation and for the parent/guardian to share concerns and helpful documentation to determine learning goals and potential future educational services or therapies. Call 937-303-1852 to make an appointment.
Wilson Reading System® Multi-Sensory Instruction/Reading Therapy (Grade 2-Adult)
- WRS® is a multi-sensory, systematic, explicit, cumulative language program used to teach children & adults who need reading intervention due to language-based learning disabilities, such as dyslexia. The program is based on the research and principles designed by Orton-Gillingham.
- Click here for more information: http://www.wilsonlanguage.com/programs/
Learning Without Tears® Instruction (K-5+)
- Handwriting Without Tears® (HWT) & Keyboarding Without Tears® (KWT) are multi-sensory programs for those who desire to learn (or improve) skills for written production. Lessons may include learning to print, writing in cursive, and/or developing computer literacy and typing skills.
- Click here for more information: http://www.hwtears.com/hwt
Reading Assessments/Dyslexia Screenings
- Helps to identify one’s strengths and weaknesses in the areas of language processing
- Please note Sharon Sheppard, M.Ed. does not have the qualifications to diagnose any learning or health related disabilities.
- General Homework Help (Language Arts Focus)
Language Arts Instruction & Academic Support
- Literacy Skills
- Reading Fluency
- Written Expression/Basic Composition Skills
- Portfolio/Narrative Assessments
- Achievement Testing
Get Set For School® Pre-K/Kindergarten Readiness
- Readiness & Writing
- Language & Literacy
- Numbers & Math
- Click here for more information: http://www.hwtears.com/gss
- Helps to identify a student’s academic strengths and weaknesses
- Helps to identify a student’s learning style
- Measures student progress
Fees & Payment Details
- Fees at the Marysville location may range between $30-$200 per service.* (*Additional fees may apply for materials, scoring, etc.)
- Payment is due at the beginning of each appointment.
- Methods of payment accepted include cash, check, & debit/credit card.
- For more information about sponsoring a student or purchasing gift cards, please contact Sharon.
Additional resources and recommendations from Sharon are available here.